Creating a Single Event
- In the xPLHal Manager, on the File menu, select New -> Event.
The New Event Wizard will then appear.
- On the Welcome screen, click Next.
- You will then be asked whether you wish to create a single or recurring event.
Select Single Event and click Next.
- You are then asked to specify which sub-routine will be executed when this event runs.
You can either pick the sub-routine from the list of all currently defined routines, or you can use the Sub Routine Builder to create simple sub-routines without having to write any code.
- Once you have created or selected your sub-routine, enter any parameters you would like passed to the routine, then click Next.
- You must now specify the date and time at which the event will occur. The Events Engine will execute scripts within 30 seconds of the specified time.
When you have selected the desired date and time, click Next.
- You are now invited to specify how much randomisation should occur with this event.
The figure you enter in the randomisation box will be the maximum number of minutes that xPLHal will delay execution of your event.
For example, if you configure an event to occur at 18:00, and set a randomisation period of 30, the event will occur some time between 18:00 and 18:30.
If you do not wish to have the time of the event randomised at all, simply leave the default value of zero in place.
Click Next once you have entered your desired randomisation period.
- Finally, you must provide a name to identify this event.
This name can contain spaces, and will be displayed in the list of upcoming single events.
Enter a suitable name and click Next.
- The Wizard is now complete, and you will be presented with the details of the event you have just configured.
Click Finish to create the event.